YubiKey is a configurable USB security key. It will fit just as good on your keychain, wallet, or in your computer’s USB port. Absence of batteries and moving parts makes the device not only waterproof, but virtually indestructible, while being as convenient as your regular USB flash drive.
YubiKey is a multi-protocol USB authentication key, that supports FID
O U2F, One-Time-Password, Smartcard, crypto- and touch-to-sign. It can prevent any unauthorized access to your device or account/s by requiring the physical presence of the key – all you need to do is plug in your YubiKey and tap the button to log in to your PC, network, and online services.
- YubiKey supports multiple protocols and can be used with virtually any two-factor authentication (2FA) or two-step verification (2SV) service including, but not limited to, Gmail, Github, DropBox, Docker, and Centrify. It can be configured for PC login (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) with easiness of a USB flash drive – plug-in and press the button or edge. You wouldn’t even need to install any software!
- It features one of the highest levels of security – ECC p384, ECC p256, RSA 4096, RSA 2048, FIPS 140, PIV, OpenPGP, OATH-TOTP, and OATH-HOTP while being in a form of a small flash drive. YubiKey allows you to sign, encrypt and decrypt messages without any compromise for security of your private keys to the outside world.
- Whether you own a Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, or a Chrome OS device – YubiKey will provide your device with the next level of security and convenience of a smartcard.
- You can take your YubiKey anywhere – be it a water park or mountain hiking, absence of any batteries (passive USB HID) or moving parts make your YubiKey virtually indestructible.
- People all around the world use YubiKeys for 2FA or 2SV because they’re the easiest, most secure, and actually affordable.