Ledger Nano is a secure hardware cryptocurrency wallet on a smartcard device. Made with highest bank security standards in mind, it’s small format and low weight allow you to carry it everywhere on a keychain. Main security features: PIN lock, support of passphrases, built-in onboarding (seed generation and recovery), and secure seed backup.
Ledger Nano S is a latest generation secure cryptocurrency wallet, which allows for a full isolation of your cryptocurrency assets. Your assets will be protected by a secure chip (CC EAL5+), so it can be used even on a computer infected with malware.
- It supports most of the major cryptocurrencies including, but not limited to, Bitcoin, Ethereum (it also features token & basic contract support), Litecoin, Ripple, Stratis, Dogecoin, Dash, and Zcash. In case if you have to operate with multiple balances – the device supports installation of multiple distinct currency wallets. Ledger Nano is an HD (Hierarchical Deterministic) wallet – each time you request a payment, you will get a new address.
- Your backup can be restored on any other Ledger Wallet, or on some of other HD wallets (BIP 39 and BIP 44 compliant formats). As all private keys are derived from your master seed – recovering your seed on another Nano S will recover all your crypto-currencies in the same time.
- Physical two-factor authorization – o transaction can be signed without You, as every transaction requires the user to visually scan the security card when prompted by the wallet app.
- It is compatible with Electrum, Copay, Mycelium, GreenBits and provides a direct browser integration with apps such as MyEtherWallet. Ledger Nano runs with the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome application on any PC with Windows 7+, 10+, Mac 10.8 and +, Chrome OS, Linux, and mobile devices via USB OTG.
- Nano is available in Duo edition – 2 Nanos operating with the same account. Whether you need it for family use or a second one for backup – it’s always with you.