FIDO U2F Security Key
The FIDO U2F security key is a USB-A smartcard authentication key (based on public key cryptography) which offers a high level protection and a convenience of a USB drive. It is capable of instantly working with any service that supports FIDO U2F like Facebook, BitBucket, Gmail, Dropbox, Salesforce and GitHub.
Each FIDO U2F security key contains a secure cryptographic chip that is similar to those used in SIM Cards, ID and chip credit cards. Just as the chips used in the devices above, FIDO U2F chip is specially designed to make it extremely difficult to steal the secrets hidden inside. The 2FA keys hold a pair of universal private and public keys for each application you’re trying to protect. One Yubikey with FIDO U2F can support a large number of online services while the information that is inside of it belongs exclusively to the owner and can not be accessed by your service provider.
- FIDO U2F Security Key does act as a biometric device, but features a special sensor operates from energy of a human body.
- Whether you own a Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, or a Chrome OS device – YubiKey will provide your device with the next level of security and convenience of a smartcard.
- Touch the button to trigger an instant cryptographic process and save you time on SMS verification or copying passcodes from other devices.
- Identifies as a USB HID device which is a standard for all computers and thus you don’t need no client software or drivers to be installed, no batteries and no moving parts.
- You can take your YubiKey anywhere – be it a water park or mountain hiking, absence of any batteries (passive USB HID) or moving parts make your YubiKey virtually indestructible.
- It weighs only 3g/0.01oz, and can attaches to your keychain/ring with your house and car keys.
- The keys are manufactured in USA in Sweden to guarantee a high quality and security of the process.